Wednesday, August 8, 2012

It's Over

Well the days of being an uber softball slut are over. It's a little sad; I have been living in a softball fantasy world for almost four years, and I guess it's time to pay the piper.

I have received a full time job offer beginning the day after Labor Day (how appropriate is that?). No longer will I be able to brag and complain about the aches and pains of playing up to 10 games in a week. Just like other regular sluts, I will be struggling to get to those 6:30 games after work, rushing through rush hour traffic, snarling at the slow drivers in front of me. Bitching about the 9:00 games and getting up in the morning. I just don't realize how good I have had it. And now - only THREE or FOUR games a week! Oh lord, how will I keep my bat in tune!

But don't fret - I will still be covering the Coneheads and the Transdyns and the JFTs and maybe I will start to blog about my up and down Sunshine Saloon Legends team. I will have to do it in my sleep, because now I will be a working stiff just like most of you suckers. But I will get it done.

Life just isn't fair, sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment