Wednesday, May 9, 2012

4 Speed Post Script

I'm not going to take credit after the tribute I posted for the 4 Speed team in Pleasanton.

I'm just going to say this: After my team lost in our game tonight we heard a commotion on the next field. The 4 Speed, the team that never wins, was tied after the regulation 7 innings in their game. They were playing the Oaks, who were the second best team in the league as recently as last year.

In Pleasanton they give you one extra inning to settle a tie. They start each batter with a 1-1 count to speed it up. The 4 Speed came up and got a bunch of hits and the Oaks, who had to be pressing, made a couple of errors, and suddenly they were up 4 runs going into the last of the last.

God bless them, they didn't exactly know how to play with a lead, and the 4 Speed gave the Oaks a couple of extra outs in the bottom of the 8th. They looked like they were going to give it up. As it came to the wire, the Oaks had bases loaded, the tying run on second, and the winning run on first. A guy I have played with and against for years named Tom was up, a very good lefty power hitter. He tried to put a single into left field to just tie it up, and instead hit a grounder right to the shortstop. He scooped it up, and got the force at third and the celebration was ON.

Divine intervention?

Good Karma?

I lied, I am taking credit...I think it was my tribute. Have one on me.

4 comments:

  1. You are Heffe, the great and powerful. I might be insulted if someone said I didn't know how to play with a lead, even with blessings. Just sayin....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beauty is that they would laugh, and agree...

    ...the great and powerful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course, Oz turned out to be a sham.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think most of the people were rooting for 4speed.

    ReplyDelete