Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Big Red 26 Black 13

After our recent slump, I was going to petition Hank to change our name to Big Pink.

No need now. Instead, we came up big and Red yesterday against the tough Black team that put it to us last month, and beat them soundly 26-13.

We had only scored 20 once in the last six weeks but we hit on all cylinders yesterday. Red roared out to an 18-4 lead after 3 1/2 innings. At that point it was Red 18, Zakar 4, and the rest of Red zero as Pete put on a show as usual. Even though Black won the next three innings, we coasted pretty much to the end.

Everyone hit yesterday. And hard. Steve Alvarez led the team with 4-4 and six RBIs, but I don't think he hit the ball the hardest. Stinging the ball were Howard ('Don't call me Howie') 'the Babe' Davis (4-5, 2 doubles), Pete D'Alonzo (4-5, 2 doubles), Mike Fragoso (4-5, double and a triple), Brian 'I don't stop at first' Black (4-5, 3 doubles), George 'I don't stop at all' Sayatovich (3-5, double and a triple), and Bill 'Shaken, not Stirred' Dewlaney (3-5, 3 doubles, 5 RBIs). Bob Eddy and your reporter didn't do too badly, either each 3-5, and the latter had the team's only home run. And for comic relief I struck out looking. Just call me Dave Kingman. Everyone had at least two hits, and I think the team's fifteen doubles has to be close to a Creaker record for a game.

And we played some good D. For us that means there was only one inning we gave the opponent six outs.

We are BACK.

1 comment:

  1. That's what I was afraid of. Could come down to run differential and, if it does, you will have it. So, if I see you there at 9:25 I'll know we could be in for a rough day......

    ReplyDelete