Tuesday, February 21, 2012

No One Is Immune

A few years ago some of my best friends went to Kauai with me and we came up with this idea (tongue firmly in cheek) for a business. One of them is a lawyer, and it started with the typical lawyer jokes and then it morphed into this: we could go to a business, make up some kind of code violation or human resource violation and then tell them we are going to bring a lawsuit against them, but we would settle on the spot for X dollars. It was infallible logic. And the American Way.

The title of the company would be No One Is Immune. That is, no one would be safe from our accusations and claims no matter how manufactured they were. And all would tremble in fear. And Pay.

The reason I bring this up is that this too will be the subtitle of this blog. I intend to put highlights and lowlights from my games in this space, in an anecdotal manner that will leave you entertained and thrilled. I will also opine relentlessly on how leagues are run, and how absurd some of the umpiring is. I will even get into self-deprecating mode on occasion, the Heffinator is definitely not immune.

I have been writing newsletters for several years for 3 of my teams. I try to only attach names to plays and hits when they are for positive yardage. I do relate some of the bonehead ones too - but usually leave them anonymous - everyone knows who did it anyway. So all of you who may sign up here, and are teammates and are (or soon to be were) friends - you are forewarned - No One is Immune.

No comments:

Post a Comment