Thursday, February 23, 2012

Hallucinations

One of the advantages of being an old guy in semi-retirement (read - unemployed) is I get to play Senior Ball with the retired crowd Tuesday and Thursday mornings. More on that later. We are in our own spring training now. Today was an absolutely beautiful morning for softball (we won 18-14 too).

When I was on the way to the bathroom after the game, there was a transistor radio playing unattended on the bleacher seat nearby. I heard the tell-tale crackle of that little thing and I swear I thought I heard Jon Miller, the voice of your San Francisco Giants, calling a spring training game.

Upon further review, I was hearing things, being over 50 gives you that license. It was just that familiar crackle that my brain associated with baseball on the radio. But beautiful day, sunshine and a ballgame - Spring Training is underway!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post! Spring Training.... can't wait! The long drought is almost over.

    ReplyDelete