Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Burnt Red

I'm going to petition the leadership committee - only the fourth and fifth innings will count in our game today at HF1 against Burnt Orange. Then - we win, 5-0!
I'm going to go with a hunch that it probably won't pass though, and the 25-12 loss will stand, so I am going to look for silver linings in the Red Cloud.
The bottom of the order hit really well. Bill Marthinsen and Chuck Breese went 3-3 each and Bill hit a gapper double to set up our only five run inning, and Jerry Ginochio was 2-3 and scored three runs. They made a liar out of me - my favorite expression is, if the bottom of the order hits, we win! But the rest of us couldn't keep up with them, unfortunately.
James Del Rio did his usual dance around the bases with a triple and homer producing three knocks, and Kevin Kane was a perfect 4-4 leading off with a double and also three RBIs. Kravin drove in two with three hits.
That's about it. The rest is negative so I am going to skip it. But we will keep coming back until we get it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment