Wednesday, July 27, 2022

The Score Was 23-NINE, Don

I don't know why the other teams are always taking away runs from us, even while they are destroying us. The score was 23-NINE, Don. Jeez.

I won't bore anyone with much of a write-up for such a blow out. Just mention one on the hill and one on defense and offense:

Mark Narciso pitched excellently in his four innings. White is fearsome and hit well, but we gave them about six or eight extra outs in Mark's four innings while they were building their 13-2 lead. In that time, Mark struck out three of White's best hitters, including inducing a swing and miss from one.

And Tony Gorgone - what a specimen of a softball and a team player. Tony contacted me Sunday and asked if he could sit this one out as his legs were acting up. At that point it looked like we would have eleven or at most twelve players including him. I said we night need him, and he said ok as long as he could play third base or catcher where he wouldn't have to move much. I said sure. He made a fine stop of a smash off Joe Peterson's bat with the bases loaded and got the force out at home. Then it turned out that the best defensive alignment would include moving him to second base, and I asked him to do it. He did it willingly and it did tighten up our infield. Team player.

In the mean time, he went 3-4. He hit a bases loaded bases clearing single (only because he was hobbling) over the right fielder's head. Later he nearly duplicated that with a towering smash down the left field line but it was just foul. I want to be Tony when I grow up, if I ever do.

No comments:

Post a Comment