Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Momma Told Me Don't Be Green With Envy, Orange 30-Green 17

My momma told me if I don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

So I will be brief (for me).

Orange outplayed Green in all facets of the game Tuesday, and came out on top 30-17, We gave up five in the top of the first (what happened to the Curse?) and five more in the third but actually kept it close for a few innings - we trailed only 12-10 after four innings.

However, the relentless Orange Crush kept after us and scored five in the sixth, seventh and eighth to turn Green into Vomit. We had a few defensive lapses, but really I tip my hat to their hitting.

Lamont Thompson drove in six runs on three hits including two doubles. Val Hornstein was a doubles machine - three of his four hits were doubles as he ran aggressively. Greg Wilson had an opposite field triple and double to beat the extreme shift Orange put on him. And then made the loudest out of the game when he sent one nearly to the trees in right center - right where the outfielder was playing. It was that kind of day for the Mean Green.

David Partridge also had three hits and Matt Meredith drove in four and each had a triple. Matt also made a couple of fine plays at second base.

Well, the cliche after a game like this is "It's early in the season". Right Mom?

No comments:

Post a Comment