Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Towed Away

It's not a good sign when you have almost as many walks as hits in a slow pitch softball game.

Granted, when Arroyo Tow brought in their backup (really?) pitcher, and he walked four in a row at one point, it showed our veteran nature and a desperate need to get base runners to start a short lived comeback. But, the walks stopped and the last desperate rally fizzled, and Kapsch came up short 12-7.

The game was a serious pitchers' duel through three innings. Gregg had the Towheads eating out of his hand, and they had only a 1-0 lead on an unearned run. We tied it in the fourth, but in Arroyo's second or third time around the lineup they started hitting line drives all over the place. Before we knew it, it was 10-1 and Gregg had taken himself out of the game. Hama calmed them down the rest of the way but we just could not generate enough offense to catch up.

On a personal note, I will apologize in advance to the team. I am having such an abysmal season and year (0-3 with a backward K last night), there is only one thing to do. You seem I always figured softball averages are about double MLB baseball averages: .250 = .500 = average, .300+ = .600+ = good. And the Mendoza line, which is .200 in baseball, is .400.

Well I am so bad this year, I can not only stay below the softball Mendoza line but I can maybe hit the actual baseball Mendoza line (at press time I am at .229 for the year). So, I am going to put my personal goals ahead of the team goals, and not get another hit the rest of the season. It will be up to the rest of you guys to make up for this. Good luck!

See how I did that? I am sure you all feel much better about yourselves!

As for last night, B did go 3-3 and Rusty had a double but that was about it for offense besides the 11 walks. But we are still in the thick of the race, and with one or two more wins, we will make the playoffs, and we showed last season we know how to make it happen in the playoffs.

Milestone:
Gregg        10 bb (#27)

No comments:

Post a Comment