Tuesday, September 4, 2018

MVP!

MVP! MVP! MVP!

The crowd roared as they cheered the hero. No one could remember Pleasanton fans erupting like this. The team wanted to carry me off the field but, being so humble, I told them it wasn't necessary, and, after all, it is a team game. The great ones are always humble.

Yes, I was the only one who didn't make an out tonight as Kapsch beat the Blue Dots 14-2. Three for three. The opposition was dumbfounded, trying where to play me. But I snuck every ball between them, and the rest is history.

And on defense? In my one inning, I made every play, with two putouts, and that is just one short of the world record for putouts in an inning. How many putouts did Albert or Derek make in their innings?

Brian threw the first one right at my gut, and I had to make a tremendous play to avoid getting crossed up. It's the hardest play for a first baseman. But I hung on. On the second Hama was playing too deep in right field, and I had to stretch all my 5'7" frame, bad leg and all to get the out.

The rest of the team did manage to score 13 runs other than the one I scored, and we held them to two. But the fans knew what was what.


No comments:

Post a Comment