Sunday, September 24, 2017

Unprecedented

Of course before Joe even sent the email a out our 0-3 start I had already done the research. In fact, I had started a blog post – called it “Unprecedented”.

But I didn’t finish it. I could say I have been too busy getting ready to move but that is not it. I just have a hard time writing about losing, unless there is some compelling angle to it.

At any rate, here is what I said (note the optimism!):

The bad news - we started the season 0-3, unprecedented in my 18 years on the Coneheads.

The good news, the silver lining - I hit the archives, and the last time (and I think only) time we lost three in a row in that time was in 2004. We ended that season 8-6, and then reeled off 15 wins in a row to take the Orinda playoffs and go undefeated through the Walnut Creek fall season and playoffs.

And in 2013, we started the Orinda season 0-2, and then finished 8-3. What’s more, that was the year we spotted St. Mo’s a win in the first game of the playoffs, and then took six in a row to win the championship.



We were however, a lot younger then and we played OLD Monday night…(to be continued)

Or not.

So there you have it. It’s up to us to play better and turn the season around. Maybe we are getting too old for this league but we still have tremendous talent if we put our minds to it.


My two (non-coach) cents.



Milestones:
8/28:
Lefty        300 h (#18)

9/11:
Pope         50 3b (#2)
Lefty        450 ab (#19)
Knight     20 bb (#19)

9/18:
Pope        140 hr (#1)

No comments:

Post a Comment