Monday, September 29, 2014

Throw Me a Bone

I have an important announcement for the Coneheads.

It won't be published until tonight (it's now Monday morning),  so you won't read it until after the game. This is good, because I don't want it to affect the game. After all, we are still undefeated, and must continue our momentum.

This is the announcement: You guys let me down. No, not in the way you let Joe down sometimes - the missed ball in the outfield, the bad baserunning mistake. So there will be no stink eye here. More like the Stink Pen.

You let me down by taking all the drama out of the game on occasion, like last week. I mean, 25-1 over the Shenanigans...who is the team acting out shenanigans?

How many times do you think I can write about the Conehead inning (13 in the first, game over, nine later on). How many times can I talk about Pope with three extra base hits, or Randy leaping up to make a great grab on a hot line drive, and keep it interesting and entertaining.

Really, do you think it is your job to make me dig deep to find something interesting to write about?

"In yet another laugher, the Coneheads walloped the last place Shenanigans. 25-1 in four and a half innings. We had eight straight hits in an inning TWICE, and the defense was outstanding. Ten guys had at least two hits, including Pope, Randy, Johnny, and Bruce with four. Chuck only didn't because he walked once. Gene was perfect in his platooning as he went 2-2. Derek pitched great in relief, rebounding from his wildness the week before. There was no Chopper siting, as he is still rehabbing his leg injury."

Yawn.

I need drama. Can we throw in a couple of errors, a few more walks by Derek. a double play to end an inning in a one run game in the fifth (for either side)? A walk off win?

Please, feed me. God forbid, I'm beginning to sound like Lefty.

I hope I didn't jinx tonight. OK, I will accept 25-1 again. Never mind.

Milestones:

Joe          400 g (#1)
Pope       900 ab (#8)
Sting        40 bb (#12)
Bruce      50 ab (#37)

No comments:

Post a Comment